The Guaymas Branch Rebuild


When passing through Empalme in late 2009, I was surprised to see that the Guaymas Branch was being entirely rebuilt. Virtually all of the track was removed from the wye at Empalme to the port of Guaymas (near the Pemex plant to be exact). It seemed that a lot of earth from the right of way was being removed by truck too. I don't know what prompted Ferromex to rebuild the line seeing as it was in fairly good condition. The line is used almost daily by Empalme yard jobs as they switch the few industrial customers along the Guaymas Bay.
A truck drives on the right of way of the Guyamas Branch before being loaded with dirt.

A view over the roadbed, looking toward Guyamas.

1 comment:

Malliefahey said...

I was recommended this web site by my cousin. I'm not sure whether this post is written by him as no one else know such detailed about my trouble. You are amazing! Thanks! safety decking systems